Thursday 7 October 2010

Summer is drawing to a very welcome end!





I finally pledge to stop complaining about the heat and how hot it is living in the desert. Even though A has been telling me for about two months how much cooler it is - it simply wasn't true. But, I can now officially say that I have felt a distinct cool breeze early in the morning and in the evening. It is even noticably cooler during the day - near 40 degrees every day but that is a most welcome change. As my friend said recently "you can have the sun back southern hemisphere" - Enjoy! I was beginning to think almost nobody lived here in our compound but now there are children with bikes and people with chairs sitting outside in the evenings. I can even walk to say hello to visit a neighbour. To celebrate today A took the girls to the park near the Corniche for their first outdoor experience of life here. E told me they were going to wait again to go back when it was a little cooler but they look pretty happy in the photos. It has been a long 3 months of summer, waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment