Sunday 2 January 2011

Ice Skating





Apparently it is Winter here - and although the weather is perfect with warm sunny days and cool mornings and evenings - it certainly doesn't feel like Winter. So, to mark the season I decided to take the girls Ice-Skating. This is a popular year round sport here for children with several local malls having an ice rink. In the extreme heat of summer I think it makes you feel cooler. Initially, I wanted to go Christmas Day as some sort of nod to the wintery Christmas scenes we so often celebrate at this time of year - even in hot and sunny Melbourne.
Wow, that's a dangerous sport though - and unfortunately they loved it. Not sure how soon we will go back though as I had a cut to my foot from E's skates which the First Aid officer said required stiches (I ignored him though and it's fine - and I didn't even make it onto the rink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment