Monday 31 January 2011

Al Khor








Just to make sure I hadn't missed ANYTHING in Qatar today we drove to another city Al Khor about 40 minutes through the desert. A friend wrote to me recently about how they hadn't realised what a vibrant and fascinating city Doha was until my blog but I must confess that I try to paint the most flattering portrait of Doha - more often it is dull, frustrating and even ruthless. Most likely Al Khor was just a small fishing village which has grown with the price of oil but it still retains its slightly old world feel about it and provides glimpses of early modern life in Qatar. We found an old abandoned village there which clearly exposes Qatar's limited colour palette or as one of my friend's charmingly put it "when God was handing out colours he forgot about Qatar".

No comments:

Post a Comment